AdmissionsRynfield Primary's Admissions
Rynfield Primary School has two Grade R classes. They are Self-contained within the school grounds. The fully equipped bright classrooms encourage learning, whilst playgrounds with jungle gyms, sand pit, swings and a cycle track are a pleasure for the children to enjoy.
Private Aftercare is available on-site for children who are unable to be collected at 13:00.
Applications for 2021 Open Mid-2020 (Date to be advised by GDE) Available from Mrs L Sequeira.
Procedure for Grade 1 (and Grade 8 High School)
Applications for Grade 1 learners is to be done via the GDE Online Registration Process website:www.gdeadmissions.gov.za which will be accessible when the Department of Education announces the opening of applications.
APPLICATIONS OPEN – 25 JUNE 2020
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 25 JULY 2020
As a parent, you will be required to create login credentials and then follow the step-by-step procedure as outlined on the website, to register your child(ren) for admission to a school.
Please ensure that the cell number you select for this process is correct, as the Online System will communicate instructions and the progress of your application via SMS.
Take note of the Reference number issued.
Once you have been issued this Reference number, you have two weeks in which to return the completed
Parent/Pupil Verification Form, together with certified copies of the following documentation:
- An unabridged birth certificate of the child (shows both biological mother and father details)
- Immunisation card / Clinic Card – vaccination history only, not growth chart.
- (6 year old vaccinations must be up to date prior to admission).
- Most recent school report
- ID photo of child
- Proof of residency – If a home owner, then your most recent municipal (Water & Lights) account;
- If a tenant, a certified copy of your lease agreement, accounts in your name posted to this address, as well as the Landlord’s Water and Lights account.
- Both parents Identity Documents.
- The Court Order in the case of legally appointed guardian / foster parent.
- For immigrants / refugees, the work permit as well as study permit for the learner, valid at least until mid-2021.
- Completed forms are to be returned to the school office weekdays, between 07:30 – 12:30. No applications will be processed via e-mail.
Once the District Director has approved the Waiting List for the schools, Parents will be advised of placement offers at a school via SMS.
Parents will then have up until TBA to accept placement of their child at a school.
All documentation must be complete and accurate.
If any documentation is outstanding, your application will not be processed.
Signatures from both biological parents are required.
False information will result in the application being withdrawn. An ITC check may be conducted to verify any information, should the school deem it necessary to do so.
Procedure for Grade 2 – 7 (Manual application, not completed On-Line)
Complete the Grade 2 – 7 form and submit to the School Office, together with documentation as listed.
The School will contact the Parents directly to advise the outcome of the application.